Thursday, January 26, 2012

What if the Mayans Had It Right?

  1. It's our honeymoon.
  2. We're going to my cousin's wedding.
  3. It's about time I visited my college buddy.
  4. On the off chance that the Mayans were right, we might as well splurge.


Those were just a few of the reasons/rationales/excuses/justifications that I gave myself to finally decide to take the plunge and do a small trip around Asia. The three countries we're going to visit are:

  • Japan - because James and I are anime freak and we sooo totally wanna go.  It helps that my college roomie lives there.
  • Singapore - because my best college bud, Dewi, has been visiting in NC ever since we left college and I haven't returned the favor ...ever!
  • Philippines - because my cousin is getting married and it's a great way to introduce the Motherland to my husband.
And so, as we planned our wedding last year, so too did we plan for a big trip this year.  Why put off the honeymoon four months after the wedding, you might ask?  Well, weddings take a lot of TIME.  Which means times off work.  Which means, where did all my vacation go?  Hence, the start of the year was the time when we actually had enough vacation to make a proper honeymoon and trip to Asia.

So, wish us Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment