Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kamogawa Ryokan


I was tired and my feet were killing me.  Once James and I arrived at the Asakusa station and oriented ourselves enough to be able to make the four minute walk to our reserved ryokan, the site of its sign was enough to fill me with joy.  Finally, I can put my feet up and rest.  Finally, I can internets.  You have no idea how much I was jonesing for some wifi access during the Hakone trip.  All I can say is, thank god I was too tired to feel the withdrawal.

Kamogawa ryokan seemed like small family ryokan.  Next to it is its very own café.  James and I actually saw the café before the ryokan and we thankfully made our way in and was greeted at the front desk by a young man who checked us in pretty quickly. 

The elevator going up to our room as well as the hallway from the elevator going into our room was...tiny.  The space was tiny.  Here's a pic of James in the hallway.  Sadly, I think we forgot to take one of the elevator.  Hrm...maybe I just think the space is small since James and I had gained some weight since the wedding....hrm...




Anyway, our room boasted a bigger sitting room than the one offered by Sawanoya while the sleeping area was slightly smaller.  The sitting room also contained a TV…something we don’t really use.  Sawanoya did not have one, but I believe you could have asked for one if you wanted one.  


I really really love this "blankets" over our futons.  They are so nice and warm!

This is the hallway that led to the rooms.  At the left you can see the door to the bathroom.


And here is the bathroom.  I guess you can say that this bathroom ranks third of all the hotel/ryokan bathrooms we've stayed at in Japan so far.  As you can see, it's a pretty tight squeeze.  Unlike our other two accommodations, the toilet here is in the same room as the tub.  I found the tub space quite small and I can only imagine how James managed.  There were also some dirt stains on the shower curtain...which made me attempt to use even less space :(


Having said that, this place really wasn't bad.  Just not as good as the other two.  It was clean--except for the weird stain at the shower curtain.  The staff were very friendly.  The sitting room was a decent size space--not that we really needed it to be honest.  All I did in the sitting room was blog.  We did not take advantage of the tea they had offered in our room.  Granted, it was bag tea...unlike Sawanoya's which were actual tea leaves :)

Another plus for Kamogawa is it location.  It is SUPER convenient to the metro and to shopping in Nakamise St!




No comments:

Post a Comment