Wednesday, February 8, 2012

'Twas the Night Before Tokyo

And all through the house
All the creatures are stirring
Even the...James?

Hehehe.

Quite a busy night as soon as we landed in CA.  As I mentioned before, James forgot his jacket back home so he had been on the hunt for something reasonably priced to replace it.  Unfortunately, we're in Orange County, and finding a thick jacket for 30C weather over here is like--sorry for the cliche--finding a needle in a haystack.  Don't get me wrong.  We did find one.  Six stores later :P

Thank you, Leo, for driving us around!!



Dinner with the family was great.  We went to the Lazy Dog Cafe where I had my last American dinner.  I ordered the pot roast, and James really liked it.  He ordered something different, but he wants to go back next time we're here and order what I did.  Unfortunately for me, the helpings were really big and I was unable to finish my fare.

 

Still, dinner with the family is always good, especially since I don't get to see them that often.  My only regret is that my brother, Nardo, was in school so he was unable to join us.  Hopefully, I will get to see him when we next come over.


Funny thing...I think the fates are against James getting a milk shake before he leaves for Asia.  At the airport in Denver, he bought a milkshake from TCBY and he claims that it was the worst milkshake he'd ever had.  So, when we went to dinner, he got excited when he saw a Big Boy restaurant which supposedly serves decent milkshakes.  We had planned to go after dinner.  Instead, when we did go, it turns out that that particular Big Boy had closed its operations :(


And now, by the time I'm posting this, it is the morning of our flight...and we're ready!!  I think.  Just a few more packings...some travel guides from Leo and we're off.  I'll see Leo and Mom again in over a week, and I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone else as well.

I will say, though, that I will miss Lucy.  She's such a sweetie.


I hope my dogs are doing well at Michael's!

1 comment:

  1. No worries James..I'm sure you'll enjoy the milk shake more while sitting on a hot beach in palawan =p and if your into mango shakes, Millenia Hotel sells them for P100.

    Ate becca, I hope princess and buddy don't read this since Lucy's getting all the love =p

    ReplyDelete