Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Sky is Falling

It's my last night in NC before I travel to CA and dive into my trip to Asia.

As luck would have it though, I feel like I'm forgetting something crucial.

I made a list.  Checked it twice.  I think I have all my appropriate paperwork.  So as I sit back in this chair and try to relax before going to bed, why do I feel as if there's something I may be missing?

The hectic day yesterday as well as today couldn't have anything to do with it...could it?

Yesterday started off normally enough.  We cleaned up a little from our get together on Saturday.  Saw a movie with a friend and had dinner with James's mom.  And all throughout the day, I've been doing some laundry because heck, I hate coming home to a pile of laundry when I already have one in my suitcase.  Everything was really normal and quite slow paced until the evening when we got home from dinner and I started packing.

First, there was the washing machine.  It decided to overflow while I was doing the doggie laundry.

James was not happy.  We couldn't figure out what was wrong and why the water was turning on at spin cycle.  Needless to say, we spent sometime troubleshooting, taking turns to lift the machine, reach through dirty, dusty, dingy water that was sitting on the pan.

And to no avail.  We couldn't figure out why it just happened to do that during that batch.  But guess what?  It fixed itself somehow.  One minute the water wasn't turning off...the next minute it was.  So James did a test load of laundry with his clothes...and it seemed to work.  Who knows what happened?  Maybe the washing machine took pity on us and decided not to break down quite yet and James got all his laundry done.  Strangely enough, James and I were just talking earlier this week about how glad we were that the washer and dryer were lasting this long...Ugh. Did we jinx ourselves?

The next looming disaster: shoes! I can't decide what to bring.  Is five pairs too much?  And while I was at it...where is that sparkly wedge shoe?  I must wear it for the wedding!  In my search for the sparkly wedge shoe, I went to the garage...and discovered a big pile of puddle.

Ugh...REALLY?  My first thought was that the leak from the washer came through from the laundry room upstairs and into the garage!  I called out in frustration to James and he came down to take a look.  Luckily, it wasn't a leak through the ceiling, but a fail safe over flow valve (that did it's job!) and released the excess water from the washing machine.  So, back to shoes...I really hope five isn't too much...

I finished most of my packing that night.  I woke up this morning feeling tired but looking forward to work.  It was my last day before vacation and I was hoping to be able to wrap everything I wanted to up :)  Unfortunately, the morning was off to a rough start.  Despite my early rise, I was greeted with dog pee by Connor.  The little brat peed his crate without warning!  He didn't even whine or anything.  And before you even mention how heavy of a sleeper I am, I assure you that James would have definitely woken up to some Connor howl.  Argh!

And guess what?  Just the night before, we were telling James's mom what a good boy Connor has been because he hasn't had an accident in his crate for a long time!  Ugh.  We really should stop voicing our good fortune.  Karma has a way of smacking us right back down.

Sadly, I think this is a ranting blog on the unexpected and unfortunate last minute things that can happen just when you'r about to leave town.

And wouldn't you know it, this evening, after James finished his laundry and we decided to do more dog laundry..the washing machine did it again...Damn...we're gonna have to have that looked at when we get back.

Anyway...it's getting late.  I should probably stop blogging and do those taxes I've been procrastinating about...

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment