Friday, February 3, 2012

Sad about Luggages

I know it's been in effect for awhile, but I want to take this time to mourn the loss of the 70lbs luggage weight limit.  I mean, one of the reasons I own such a big suitcase is to cram 70 lbs worth of stuff in it.  Now, I still have that suitcase...but for the most part, it just takes up space.  I can't fill it up the way I used to, and when I do use it, I have to be careful as the contents of the luggage shift around due to the excess space.

But why am I writing about this now, you might ask?  Well mainly because of a new (new to me anyway) luggage requirement  that I saw for the airline that we are using--Singapore Airlines.

For economy class travelers (which I am! Who can afford first class these days?), the checked luggage requirements must not only weigh 23 kg each (this one I'm used to by now), but have a sum total dimension of 273 cm for BOTH luggage! That means that if I use my super huge luggage, I pretty much cannot have a second luggage :(

So what do I do?

Heheh...I borrow someone else's suitcase :)  Hopefully, nothing gets ripped or broken during the travel, but it's the cheapest way to travel without having to buy our own suitcases.  They are pretty pricey!  And since we really don't travel that often, then borrowing might be best.

Maybe.

I think.

Except I'm such a shoppaholic that I can't help but look at luggages anyway.  There are some really nice ones out there.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! What a rip off! This made me want to check the requirements I'm stuck following.. AA limits 158 cm total measurement for EACH bag and JAL limits each piece to 203 cm ..
    Guess Singapore Air really wants you to upgrade =p
    We currently only have 1 bag pulled out. It's massive, but since it's massive, it's gonna be heavy =/ Jay got it from Costco and we're debating if we should get the 2nd one from there or borrow one from the parents =p

    ReplyDelete